Saturday, December 17, 2011

Continuing Adventures

Well, have been here two days, and so far its great. The kids parents left this morning for Hawaii. So before I had to pick the kids up from school this afternoon, I decided the baby and I would go grocery shopping. It was a blast, she smiled, giggled and flirted with everyone. Then we got done with the shopping earlier then expected and it was still an hour before had to pick the kids up, so I went over to Starbucks and got a peppermint hot chocolate, and let her lick it off my finger (she is 8 months). The look on her face was priceless, she loved it......But, thats the fun part.

I boo-booed. No one told me that I could NOT lock the truck!! So of course, this is a fairly big area (well to me its a small city). So I locked it. Okay, I go out, and I open the hatch, put the groceries in, go to put the baby in the car, and ummm, the driver side door wont unlock. And there is no lock on the passenger side. Hmmm, I am by myself, with a baby, and cant get the car unlocked, and anyone who might help is in school, or in Hawaii!!

So I had to climb in the hatch, crawl through the car, with baby, and unlock it, I am sure I looked SO lady like!

I guess I wont be locking the truck anymore.
So after picking the girls up from school, came home, got everyone setteled in, and then made supper.  Ham steaks, baked potatoes, brocoli, onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, melted cheese, bacon bits, and then they had a choice of eating it as a stuffed potato, or just all separate, they loved the buffet style way.  Huge hit.
After supper we went to Vasona Park in Los Gatos (San Jose), got lost three times on the way there, but honestly, I just missed my turn all three times, figured it out about 3 to 4 miles down the road, and turned around, finding the right exit.
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/8lmYzexyzdwxiLxtBPp9GQ?select=Sl1agL_bVpNRo8fYEpkj_g
They all loved the lights, the drive, and simply being out of the house.  We got home so late, 11:30 pm, that I didn't even have to say a word about anyone going to bed, they all quietly changed their clothes and dropped into bed, lol.
I wonder what the rest of the trip will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...