Thursday, May 28, 2020

A New Mystery!

So, my aunt, Karen has been working on gathering some documents about her mother and grandmother.  As I said in the last post, Henryetta was given up for adoption in 1925, adopted in 1926. Her mother, Blanche, goes by a few different names.  But today, I am going to concentrate on Blanche's mother Ella Dell.  Apparently, my aunt has a theory that Ella was 3 months pregnant with Blanche at her wedding with Albert Haines, (yes, the dates back that up).  Albert and she were married on Nov 27, 1900, and Blanche was born on May 27, 1901.  There is a family that is connecting with us, that my aunt thinks that Albert is not Blanche's true father, but that a guy named Francis Shannon Stewart is.  That doesn't mean it isn't true, but I have a different theory.  Ella's mother was Helen R Stewart, unknown parents at this time. Helen was born in 1841 in NY.  Francis' father was born 1830, in either NY or NH, AND Francis had a daughter named Helen, what if he named Helen after his aunt? If my Helen and Francis father, Charles are brother and sister, that would make complete sense for us to be related to the family.  As I said, this is just a working theory at the moment, and I will continue to work on it.  I have to work tonight, so that means sleep, but I will be working on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...