Friday, December 30, 2011

December 30th

Tomorrow is the last day of the year, have you done everything  you wanted to do?  I did more than I thought I would.
I went to Ohio, helped Jo move her brother to a nursing home here, went to California, never expecting that, how cool is that!
Children have been born, people have died, amazing things have happened this year, one of them being that our Soldiers are finally out of Iraq, yay!
I read alot of books this year, some of the more memorable are:

A Child al Confino: The True Story of a Jewish Boy and His Mother in Mussolini's Italy :: Eric Lamet


A Discovery of Witches :: Deborah Harkness

Gertruda's Oath: A Child, a Promise, and a Heroic Escape During World War II :: Ram Oren

The Seventh Witch (Ophelia and Abby, Bk 7) :: Shirley Damsgaard

True Crime: Illinois :: Troy Taylor

Anne Frank: A Hidden Life

Before Green Gables

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Bk 10)

Doctor Who and the Armageddon Factor ( Doctor Who Library, No 5 / Doctor Who: The Key to Time, Bk 6)

Janeology
Author: Karen Harrington

Jumper (Jumper, Bk 1)
Author: Steven Gould

The Know-It-All : One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World
Author: A. J. Jacobs

The Last Seven Months of Anne Frank
Author: Willy Lindwer

My Light at the End of the Tunnel
Author: Helen Bowers 
This book is very special to me, as the woman who wrote this, and the orphanage she was at, was the same orphanage my grandmother was at.

Somebody's Baby
Author: Charlotte Vale Allen

The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie
Author: Wendy McClure

Sarah's Key
Author: Tatiana de Rosnay

The Heart of a Soldier: A True Love Story of Love, War, and Sacrifice
Author: Kate Blaise, Dana White

Anne Frank: The Authorized Graphic Biography
Author: Sid Jacobson, Ernie Colon

I know I read more than this, but these are the ones that pop out at me as I go through my list.  Im in the middle of one book, No Surrender by James T Sheerhan, but its about a man who during WW2, on D-Day he was captured, and he and a buddy escaped, and his adventures getting back to his team.  I will most likely finish it either tonight or tomorrow.
As you can tell, I read alot of WW2 books, its my favorite subject, and it honestly doesn't matter the exact subject, as long as it happened between 1930 to 1945, I will read it.  Actually anything that happened between 1900-1950 is one of my favorite time periods, but then I also like the Revolutionary era, and how the US became the States.  And I also like the Civil War era, lol........eh, its history, I will read it, lol.
Tomorrow I will do a recap of news, people who died, and things that happened in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...