Sunday, February 5, 2012

Who we Are

Genealogy isnt about hiding, or not sharing.  Its about finding out who you are, where you came from, and getting it out there!
Sharing with others, giving, being there, and just plain doing what you can to make life easier for eachother.
I have four trees on ancestry.com  alot of what is on there is not my direct ancestors, they are collarterals, or even just, friends. 
I think I get frustrated when people don't want to share what they know or have learned.  Why not share it?  I have done research for 30 years, and if you want to know what I know, come and get it, just ask!
Things are so much easier now then they were years ago, today we have Findagrave, ancestry, rootsweb, familysearch, genealogybank, and so many others.
Share!!
I have ancestry, some friends have genealogybank, others have fold3, etc, what we cant find on one site, another finds for us, we share ideas, thoughts, bounce thoughts off of eachother, and share what we can find.
Its like life, we need to share, bounce ideas off eachother, and be there for eachother.  Don't hide, be available to everyone.  Why hide your ideas, and thoughts? This only depletes us, and drags us down.
Why be depressing? Why drag others down, if you are the type of person that only wants to drag others to your level, go away.  I do not have the energy or time to deal with you.  I may not be a super perky, "hitting on all cylinders" type of person in the morning (as a matter of fact Im a grumplestilskin!) But jeesh, negativity is NOT the way to get through life.
So share who you are, where you have been, and where you are going, because we can only receive help, if we help others!
Balance within our life, balances our spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...