Thursday, November 10, 2011

Forget Me Not Day

November 10th
Forget Me Not Day
I don't know much about forget me not flowers. I am not much of a flower person at all really. But I googled forget me nots, and found the flower above, thought it would be pretty for the blog. When I was floating around online the other day, I found a cartoon of a flower being picked in the *she loves me, she loves me not* theme, and the flower was screaming *She loves you NOT, IDIOT!!* Of course now I cant find it, but would love to have found it. It was what I thought of immediately as soon as I saw the day for today.
Today is the day to remember everyone who has ever been important to us, friends, family, loved ones. Who is that one person that was a mentor to you? Who helped shape you to the person you are today?

Sesame Street Day (Debuted 1969)
THANK YOU!! I loved (and still do) Sesame Street, but mainly the Muppets. I still enjoy them so much (and I cant wait til the new movie comes out in two weeks, yay!)





These are my three favorites.
I just found out that today is National Vanilla Cupcake Day.....ARGH!!
Okay cupcakes, I have to admit I am not much for plain flavors in cakes, BUT vanilla with a good tasty cream cheese, or banana or caramel frosting? IM THERE!!!
Here are a few I want to try:
Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting ~ Cinnamon Girl
ugh this sucks, it refuses to do the link, but if you type these into google, I am sure you can find them!

Butterbeer Cupcakes recipe | Mama B

Salted Caramel Cupcakes « We are not Martha

Area Code Day
I grew up with my area code being 314, today that only is the St Louis, Mo area. But I think until about 1992 the eastern side of Mo was 314. Then it got separated, and my area got 573. Then about 1996, between the 573 and 314, another area (St Charles, Mo) was chopped out, and given 636. Over the past 12 years, I have lived in all three area codes, lol.
As the population grows, more area codes are cropping up, but also, with the cell phones, that also is causing more phone numbers, area codes, exchange numbers, etc.

Today in history:
1793 - France ends forced worship of God
1801 - Kentucky outlaws dueling
1836 - Louis Napoleon banished to America
1885 - Gottlieb Daimler's motorcycle, world's 1st, unveiled
1891 - 1st Woman's Christian Temperance Union meeting held (in Boston)
1898 - Race riot in Wilmington NC (8 blacks killed)
1908 - 1st Gideon Bible put in a hotel room
1911 - Andrew Carnegie forms Carnegie Corp (for scholarly & charitable works)
1917 - 41 suffragists are arrested in front of White House
1918 - German emperor Wilhelm II flees to Netherland
1918 - Independence of Poland proclaimed by J¢zef Pilsudski
1919 - 1st observance of National Book Week
1919 - American Legion's 1st national convention (Minneapolis)
1951 - 1st long distance telephone call without operator assistance
1960 - Senate passes landmark Civil Rights Bill
1989 - Germans begins demolishing Berlin Wall

Births:
1483 - Martin Luther, Eisleben Germany, founded Protestantism
1759 - Frederich von Schiller, Germany, poet/lyricist (Ode to Joy)
1819 - Cyrus West Field, financier/success of 1st transatlantic cable
1855 - Josiah Royce, US, philosopher (conception of God)
1871 - Winston Churchill, US, author (Crisis, Crossing)
1889 - Claude Rains, London, actor (Invisible Man, Casablanca)
1913 - Carmen Miranda, singer/actress (4 Jills in a Jeep, Down Argentine Way)
1925 - Richard Burton, South Wales, actor (Cleopatra, Virginia Woolf)
1935 - Roy Scheider, Orange NJ, actor (All That Jazz, Jaws, seaQuest DSV)
1950 - Jack Scalia, Bkln NY, actor (Berrengers, Hollywood Beat)
1956 - Sinbad, comedian/actor (Different World, At the Apollo)
1959 - MacKenzie Phillips, Alexandria Va, actress (Julie-1 Day at a Time)
1968 - Sammy Sosa, San Pedro Dom Rep, outfielder (Chic Cubs)

Deaths:
1444 - Wladyslaw III Warnenczyk, king of Poland/Hungary, dies in battle at 20
1948 - Julius Curtius, German foreign minister (1929- ), dies at 71
1970 - Charles DeGaulle, general/president France (Free French), dies at 79
1973 - Stringbean, country singer/comedian/banjoist (Hee Haw), dies at 58
1992 - Chuck Connors, US NBA/baseballer/actor (Boston Celtics), dies at 71

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...