Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Guinness World Record Day

November 17

Guinness World Record Day
Because of the popularity of the internet, the Guinness Book of World Records has dropped the *book* from their title. Even tho they still do publish the book.
I am going to just share a few of my favorite records:
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/longest-ears-on-a-dog-ever/

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/longest-tongue-current-dog/

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/most-albino-siblings/


I never had the inclination to do anything that would bring me a record of any kind, I am quite happy living my quiet existence.

Homemade Bread Day
Technically *today* is Wednesday, I always write this up the day before. So what I am going to do is, I am going to make a loaf of bread this afternoon (gosh I haven't done that since I was a teen!) And this post on tomorrows (well Fridays) post to tell you guys how it went, not even sure what exact flavor gonna make either!
Egads, I started this recipe, and dang if it doesn't take near 24 hours to make it!!

Today In History
1863 Lincoln begins 1st draft of his Gettysburg Address
1894 Daily Racing Form founded
1932 German govt of von Papen, resigns
1936 Edgar Bergen & Charlie McCarthy become overnight success on radio
1937 Britains Lord Halifax visits Germany, beginning of appeasement
1938 Italy passes their own version of anti-Jewish Nuremberg laws
1944 Nov 19 Nazi raids in Dutch NE Polder
1962 Pres Kennedy dedicates Dulles Intl Airport outside Wash DC


Births
1878 Grace Abbott, Grand Island Neb, social worker (US Children Bureau)
1914 Archie Campbell, Bullsgap Tenn, comedian (Hee Haw)
1917 Jack Lescoulie, Sacramento Calif, TV host (Jackie Gleason Show)
1925 Rock Hudson, Winnetka, Ill, actor
1938 Gordon Lightfoot, Ontario Canada, folksinger
1942 Martin Scorsese, Queens, dir
1943 Lauren Hutton, [Mary], Charleston SC, model/actress
1944 Danny DeVito, Neptune NJ, actor
1944 Lorne Michaels, [Lipowitz], Toronto Ontario, comedian
1944 Tom Seaver, pitcher
1960 RuPaul, drag queen/model/actor
1963 Pedro Luis Estrada, Bkln NY, murderer (FBI Most Wanted List)
1966 Daisy Fuentes, model/MTV veejay
1974 Brandon Call, actor
1980 Isaac Hanson, vocalist
1988 Justin Cooper actor

Deaths
1558 Mary I Tudor, "Bloody Mary", queen of England (1553-58), dies at 42
1796 Catharina II the Great, empress of Russia (1762-96), dies at 67
1818 Charlotte Sophia von Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen of England, dies
1929 Herman Hollerith, German/US statistician (punch card), dies at 69
1941 Earnest Udet, German general/head air pioneer, commits suicide
1991 Kelly Jean Van Dyke-Nance, (Jerry Van Dyke's daughter), suicide at 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are All Related!!

A few years ago, a friend of mine asked me to look into her family, so sure, I started, and I go and play with her tree when I need a break ...